How do I download text messages?

My son brought home his dad's, my ex, old cell phone as a christmas present. While looking at the phone I found pornographic text messages on it. I want to download them to hold in my pocket in case he ever tries to take me to court. My ds is 13 and very capable of navigating a cell phone and finding this stuff. Can anyone help me in this matter?

momma-dawg

Asked by momma-dawg at 3:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• The phone may have a cable that you can plug into a USB port; contact the manufacturer via their website.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• who's the carrier? Some have a thing where you can parent control certain things.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Is it possible that his dad just effed up by leaving those things on the phone and forgot that they were there? And your going to keep them in case you go back to court. Sounds to me like you need to grow up just a little bit. Things happen. I'm sure your 13 year old will survive.
    Anonymous

• Just ERASE them. Why do you have to hold on to them in case you go back to court. That is childish and blackmail. It will solve nothing. Just erase the texts and move on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It sounds like dad just forgot to delete the messages. Why would you want to keep them? I would understand if he was sending pornographic material to your 13 y.o but it was the dads phone and presumable he is an adult. I would just clear the phone and move on.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Wow, is really all I can say. I'm sure he did "forget" to delete them, but I would think if you try to put yourself over as a "responsible" parent, you wouldn't "forget" to delete crap like that.
    momma-dawg

Answer by momma-dawg at 11:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• are they like litteral porn images or nudy pics? was it your son that got them on there? (13 seems a little young though) more info please. IDK how there would be a court case unless your son was sexting someone (it's against the law for minors)
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 1:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Well I'm sure I should just let this issue go, but I have now found full blown porn on the cell phone my ex gave our 13 year old son. My son didn't put these images on there as they were sent before my son was given the phone. Do I still need to just delete them and forget it ever happened?
    momma-dawg

Answer by momma-dawg at 10:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i think you better delete them because if your son is found with these on there, he could get arrested......states are really locking down on this.....and why hold a grudge??? Take him to court for what? Having stuff on a phone he forgot to delete? Grow the heck up and find more time to spend with your son instead of being mad at your ex for looking at something other than you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2009