How come it always involves me,in a negative way?

My boyfriend and I live together and we've recently hit a rough patch with finances since I lost my job so were living with his parents right now.His ex wife has custody of there children so there only here every other weekend and sometimes during the week,and this week he has his oldest due to christmas break.Well she's 8 and lately she doesnt want to play with her cousins and just wants to watch movies,which is fine me,its to cold for her to go outside.And she use to ask her grandma to make her something to eat and she'd rather have me do it,and today apparently that became a big issue.His sister got really upset b/c she didnt want to play with her kids and started showing her but and his mom pulled the 8 yr old aside an was asking her if anyone told her not to play with her cousins or anything like that,and nobody told her that,and I think his mom's over-reacting.what do u guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I think the smart thing to do is for you to keep very quiet on this subject. There are likely some dynamics involved in this family that have nothing to do with you, and if you try to do anything, you will only make matters worse. So do everything in your power to stay out of this and if that means letting them think badly of you, then so be it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I'd encourage her to play with her cousins. Its not good for a kid to sit infront of a tv all day. If its cold outside bundle her up and limit the outside time to half hour to an hour at a time. Good luck!
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I agree with the first post. Keep doing what you are doing but don't get into an argument. There would be no positive outcome to this one.
    Anonymous