Ideas for 10 month old wanting to only eat finger foods

My 10 month old has decided to become very independent and want to only eat what she can feed herself. I have tons of pears, peaches and apple mashed and in the freezer. Does anyone have any recipes or ideas as to what I could bake up for her in a "cookie" or "biscuit" form using the fruits and veggies and wheat flour or any other healthy idea. Any suggestions would be great.

luvlabs3

Asked by luvlabs3 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try using a regular muffin recipe and blend in a little of the thawed vegetables or fruits. Also, perhaps use the thawed foods as a spread in a sandwich and then cut the sandwich into "soldiers" long pieces, or triangles.

Answer by Bmat at 3:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• avocado
    baked sweet potato
    rice
    just stay away from the allergy trigger foods, and give your baby little bits of what you are eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My son is going through this as well. I just dont give him those anymore. If he is hungry, he will eat what I have to offer.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

• If you are in a place where the mess can be contained or easily cleaned up, I say give your child the spoon. If he/she is expressing the desire to learn let them.

Check out the Jessica Seinfeld book or the sneaky chef book on food purees in recipes. Not that a 10 months you need to hide vegatables but at least you won't waste what you already have.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 4:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• my now 18mopnth old has always loved spegetti.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My daughter, now 18 months, never let me feed her. She was always so independent from the start that I realised quickly that I had to just give her our food cut up into handleable chunks. This is Baby Led Weaning and it puts baby in control of his/her own appetite. Check this out http://babyledweaning.com/ .
    khoshhal

Answer by khoshhal at 4:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I recommend the graduate foods. Especially the snacks. They have yogurt bites, veggie wheels and cruchies (which are like cheese curls). I always gave them to my daughter. She's 2 years old and still loves them. If your daughter has teeth you could try tiny pieces of hot dog. and some cut up spaghetti. There's pletty of things you can give her. Be creative. Cut up various foods. Put it on a plate and give her her own fork or spoon. My daughter went through that and she would love to feed herself with a spoon and she would also let me feed her a little bit as long as she had her own utensils.
    Anonymous