how can i ease my pain from endometriosis?

ok here is my story i had my youngest son in feb 07,and in march of 07 i got the iuc ,and i had no menstral cycle for over a year until may of 08 when i went in for my yearly pap and she noticed i was a bit inflamed and orderd a ultrasound,that is when they found like 6 cyst on my ovaries i had surgery in october after one of the cyst had ruptered that is when the doctor had discovered that i had endometriosis and now a lil over a year later i have been through so many types of bc pills and over the counter meds and perscription meds as well and as of october of this year i lost my health coverage from when my husband was military and so i have no more coverage from his job any way i have been trying heat pads,wraps,otc meds and special teas that are suppost to help but here lately nothing helps,i was just woundering if any one knew what else i may try to help? thanks.

armywifeof4

Asked by armywifeof4 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• The only thing that helped me was Synarel but it's expensive. Sometimes the Health Dept can help with female issues. I'd call them and see what their nurse suggests.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• How bad is it? I know endo can come in varying degrees. Hormonal Birth Control would not get rid of it but it is supposed to ease it some. Sorry but I can't really suggest anything other than what you have already tried. I do know that some people with severe cases choose surgery but without insurance that isn't really an option for you. Wish I could be more help.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 3:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• A gluten free diet. Worked for me. No more cysts!

Uva ursi is only safe to take when you are not pregnant nor breast feeding. It can ease your bleeding. Cramp bark is another herb that will help with pain. Raspberry leaf tea daily can improve your uterine lining.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Caster Oil Compress!!! Research them, they really work, I speak from experience!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I feel for you Mama, been there done that. The only thing that gave me any ease was a heating pad, and that wasnt much. My endo was so bad I was in pain 24/7/365. My hysterectomy relieved my pain. Sorry I don't have any tips for you. My thoughts are with you tho!
    Am19v

Answer by Am19v at 10:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• thanks ladies i will try those things its just that i have been on so many bc pills and tried lupron and well for now until i can get some kind of health coverage i am gonna try heat wraps and massages thanks again
    armywifeof4

Answer by armywifeof4 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I've been through it all. The only thing that took my pain away was lupron. But of course you can only be on that for a short amount of time. No bc worked for me. It would keep the cysts away, but the endo still hurt big time. I'm telling you, caster oil compresses work great! You put caster oil on your stomach with a cloth (either an old shirt or a thin towel) over it, but a heating pad over that, and sit for an hour. Do that the days that you're not on your period, and your pain WILL get better.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2009