Ideas on keeping baby warm...

So my kiddo just started sleeping in her own crib. She wont sleep with a blanket on her...and is always cold when she gets up. She has socks on and jammies that are pretty thick since its winter time. BUt I dont know what else to do. The heat is always on in our room. Any ideas on how to keep her warm??

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I double up the PJs. If you have a young baby you don't want a blanket in her crib anyway since it's a risk for SIDS. Sometimes she wears A pair of socks, some regular pant and top pajamas and then two thicker pjs. Depends on how cld it is.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• They have those wearable blankets.

Google it.
    Anonymous

• Take a twin size blanket and put it in the crib as you would on a regular bed,bringing it up to a foot from the head of the crib.Tuck all the sides in tight,and when you put baby to bed,tuck in like you're stuffing a pita!Baby stays warm.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I am a day care teacher and a few of our tiny friends have sleep sacs. The fabric weight ranges from light weight like a cotton pillow case to heavy like a fleece or flannel. They kind of look like pillow cases with small arm holes and a neck hole. You zip up the front and it has a tab to cover the zipper pull so your little rascals can't unzip themselves and take it off. I live in Maryland and it is cold so a few of our moms put footie pjs on the babies and then add a sleep sac for the thermal barrier that keeps the body heat inside the sleep sac. Just a thought!
    kathysboys

Answer by kathysboys at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• SWADDLE! some just do not like stuff (cloths) as with infants it is easier, they move less. when they get older they fidget and throw off covers and blankies...if you notice this is happining check and swaddle, tuck in the sides of blankets and sheets(also helps older ones not fall out of bed if you do not have a rail. secure...they also make a for the lack of word suspender to go under the bed to secure the sheets and blankets to keep them from moving...Be aware to make air moving in the room, SIDs is something to concern your self with so make sure my advice is age appropriate...for us less fortunate a simple piece of elastic attached to under sheets and covers works nicely..once again sleeping habits are always quite different..I have one that liked to ball up in the blankets like a little caccon, quite scary for a mom no matter how many came before. so judge accordingly
    heather1381

Answer by heather1381 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009