Tearing?

I tore only very slightly with dd, and she had a big ole head! (haha). No stitches needed, but I do have a small amount of scar tissue where the tear occured. I'm expecting a second baby in May and I was wondering if massage or any other methods will help to stretch out he scarred area and if scar tissue will simply re-tear where it happened before...or will I be more likely to have a more serious tear this time since there isn't as much stretch?

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't know about what's going to happen to you but with ds (3years ago) I needed then with dd (4 months ago) I only tore a tiny bit and didn't need stitches and dd was bigger that ds by over a pound. Good luck. Oh but she also came a lot faster so that could be why.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It's good to get stitched up. My dad told me, (he is a Dr.) that it's always better to get stitched, even if it's a small tear because it will help the opening down there not stretch out so much & leaves less scar tissue.

The best thing to do for your vagina is to keep it lubricated with vitamin E. If your skin decides to tear, there will be nothing you can do about it. But, i do reccomend to get stitched, even with a small tear.
    Anonymous

• I was told that the scar tissue is tougher then the normal skin. I really tore with my first one, I tore right up to my cervix so I was worried about it but that's what my doctor told me. As it turned out I ended up having a c section anyway with the last two.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 4:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I would put vitamin E oil on it. just break one of the capsule s & gently rub on the scar. I had a bad burn on my arm from a hot skillet & I did this & you can barely see the scar.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• every one will be different..no explanation and no way to know...just different...consider it a new experience.
    heather1381

Answer by heather1381 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2009