Whats the best way to rap ur belly aftera C-section?

Im having a schedule C-section tomorrow & I want to know what is the best way to rap your belly. I didnt rap my belly the first time because i was scare to hurt my insicon or that it will not heal properly. but this 2nd time im planning on doing it.

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 4:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard of rapping your belly or have any idea what it means.

Answer by missanc at 4:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Most of the time when you come home after a section, the bandages are already removed or just needs a dressing over it for a few more days... This is something you should really ask your OB. Some just want it to exposed to the air to heal faster..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i was stapled closed, i've never had to wrap anything i agree, talk with your Dr about this   GL

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 4:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• The doctor will take care of it. I just had a bandage that the hospital put on. You don't need to do it yourself.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I saw this on a baby show once. Its more of an ethnic thing I think. In some cultures they do it routinely. I think that it makes sense that if done for a while every few hours. It seems to help the muscles rebuild themselves. When I saw it all they did was take a portion of a flat sheet and wrap it around very tightly. Don't leave it on all day and night as that won't allow the incision to heal.
    Anonymous

• I had 2 c-sections. One with staples and one with sutures. Both times I only had my dressings on in the hospital and they were removed before I was released.
    After my second one I had one small spot that wasn't closing up so I just taped gauze over the area and kept it clean until it healed.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2009