Make up question

So, I've never been a make-up kind of girl. I dislike it for the most part. But, with trying to find work, I though maybe I should at least wear some foundation...mainly because right around my eyes is darker than the rest of my skin and it makes me look either extremely tired or like im on drugs(which im not). I just want to look my best for interviews and such.

My problem is, since I don't wear make-up, what should I use? They have so much crap out there now....powder, liquid...I have no clue where to start or what to try. I dont want to spend a crap load of money searching for make-up. I am pretty light skinned, not deathly white, but very very little tan since I burn instead of tanning.

Any suggesions on what to try? Brands that work best? Liquids, powders, both? I want to keep it on the cheaper side, but since I wont be wearing it that often, as long as it's under $20(combined), I think I can handle it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can get a cheap under eye concealer to get rid of dark circles (brand is NYC). Try something in mineral form so it's more natural for your skin tone for a foundation if you really want to even things out.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I use cover girl's tinted moisturizer, it covers really good, its light and blends nicely since it is a moisturizer mainly and i set it with powder in my shade with a huge brush, add a little blush, eye liner and mascara and I'm done.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• OP here.....thanks. I might browse the make-up isle the nxt time im at the store just to see the different brands. I never noticed how bad the darkness around my eyes look until pictures so it makes me wonder what I look like to others. Lol. Any more advice would be wonderful as I am a 24 yr old newbie to make-up. I never really needed it before.
    Anonymous

• Any foundation will work. Full coverage is the thickest & will stay on the longest. But, if you have acne prone skin, then you may not want to get full coverage foundation. BUT, with full coverage, you do not need to put a seperate concealer under your eye area. Also, get some loose powder & a good powder brush. After putting on your foundation, take the loose powder, get just a TINY bit of powder on your brush & then tap the brush into a bowl (i use the top of the loose powder container) & tap your brush into it to get rid of the excess powder. Brush the loose powder on your face either downward, or outward NEVER upward. After applying foundation & loose powder, get some tissue & gently drag it all over your face to help get rid of un necessary makeup. You do not want to look like a wax figure...lol.

After this you can add a bit of pink blush to your eye lids & cheeks. Pink helps us look awake. Very easy & quick for work.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• The most important pieces of makeup to use are foundation, blush and mascara. If you do nothing else, this combination will make you look professional without being over done. I would go with Bare Minerals Fairly Light Powder Foundation. It is a very good mineral makeup that looks great on all skin types, has buildable coverage (meaning you can keep applying to get more or less coverage as needed) and one container will last you a long time without drying up or going bad over time. You will need a good brush to apply it with but you can often find a starter kit at your local beauty store that will give you the brush and a couple different shades of makeup. I would also get a neutral blush from Bare Minerals...Bare Radiance is a very neutral tone that looks good on all skin tones. Mascara - Loreal Voluminous in black or black/brown.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• bare escentuals (sp?) is good b/c it's sort of natural and gets rid of any shine. it's a loose powder too. it does come off so you have to dust your face now and then. they sell it everywhere, try sephora. i use a tiny bit over cover up first. :)
    haika

Answer by haika at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Note: You can use the Bare Minerals Foundation as a concealer as well....just get smaller soft brush to apply it with...you'll love the way it wears!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I.D. bare minerals is awesome but it's also expensive. Op, is looking for something under $20. Go to walmart, check out their mineral powder foundations and the NYC under eye concealer and maybe some tinted chapstick. If you haven't worn any make up to this point, go light and natural don't over do it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Mary Kay is what I use. The best part is it comes with a beauty consultant and you can earn free product. Also you get to try it on before you buy it so you know you like it. If for some reason you do not like it after you have it you can return it forever. You can go to http://www.marykay.com and search for a consultant near you. All of thier foundations, mineral powders ect are less than $20.
    lovebug0928

Answer by lovebug0928 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I use Mary Kay, too. You try it first, which is a big deal for me. Their medium coverage foundation is $14 and you don't need a powder with it. I usually wear one, though.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009