is gaining a lot of weight during pregnancy normal ?

pre-pregnancy i was 101 at 12 wks i was 126 at 16 weeks i was 135 at 20wks i was 140 and at 28 wks 2 days in i am 178.6

PregnantYoung03

Asked by PregnantYoung03 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you were under weight to begin with then you will gain to what your body thinks you need to be and then your pregnancy weight. If you weren't under weight I would be concerned about our blood pressure and water weight and possible pre-eclampsia.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• in addition to what coala said also get checked for gestational dibetes, mine went undiagnosed even though they ran multiple test ( i am hypoglycemic when not pregnant they think that is why they didnt catch it) I went from 140 when i first got pregnant to 226 when i gave birth with my oldest.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Unfortunately, it is normal; it just is not healthy.

I gained 24 pounds with my pregnancy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You gained 77 pounds?? Thats an awful lot of weight to gain.. I believe the norm is around 30-40...
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• yeah i'd have to say gaining 77 lbs problaby isn't very healthy for you. have you looked into good diets and the right exercises for when your pregnant. with my very first was was about 110 lbs and came out 170 something lbs, so i know i was fat as hell after i came outta the hospital lol. It took me about a whole year to get MOST of it off. But I took advantage of being pregnant. i ate tons of mcdonals and ate whatever i want. Just make sure to eat healthy foods, but make sure your baby is still getting the things that he or she needs. And when your done with your pregnancy, if you have time, excercise and try to keep to your diet, just change it up a bit, bc your obviously not feeding two anymore after your pregnancy.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 6:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009