WISDOM TEETH ALL FOUR BEING PULLED!

Hey Ladies,
Is there any advice on the do's and donts on what to do and not to do after getting them pulled.
Also what did you eat, i need ideas so i can have everything ready.

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Talk to your oral surgeon. He will tell you.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I can't help you with that. I'm also having all four of mine pulled at the same time. So I'll check back to see if any advice is given.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Mashed sweet potatoes. Pudding. V8/ veggie juice. Broth.

Tell your driver that you will vomit all over yourself and the car. The lateral g-force of turning into even a drive way can make you vomit everywhere. And if you puke, you can rip out your stitches. You tell your hubby this right now. Bc my idiot boyfriend at the time would not drive better even though I BEGGED and I puked up my stitches and got dry sockets and infections.

Have broth ready in at least 2 flavors. Sweet foods are easy to come by and will probably make you feel sick.

Not grits. Not cream of wheat. They will get stuck in the holes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Clove oil will help numb your mouth. The surgeon will give you some in a thick paste.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Have lots of cold packs in your freezer in case you want them for the outside swelling. I didn't feel much like eating but anything liquid that won't sting your incisions (anything citrus is out..ow ow ow). Lots of rest and painkillers. It doesn't take long to recover (providing you aren't a big baby lol).

Good luck
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Stay away from dairy if you're taking heavy duty pain killers because that can make you throw up. My hubby had me stock up on yogurt and such before he had his out and spent a lot of time throwing up because he was on tylenol with codeine. If you're going for sedation you will feel wonky from that too. A lot of it depends on your pain tolerance. I have a high tolerance and I had no trouble at all getting mine out. No sedation, just a couple of shots in my gums and then yank them on out. The dentist had me take a couple of tylenol before I left the office but I didn't need anything after that. My post-op check up was 20 hours later and I had full range of motion in my jaw and was eating regular food by that time.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Anything soft that doesn't require chewing; ice cream milkshakes; mashed potatoes; scrambled eggs cottage cheese etc...

I wasn't that naseaous from the anethesia; I think that just depends on the person and how far under you need to be; I got local and was awake while they pulled 3 out...my SO had to be fully put under and have his surgically removed...obviously his recovery was worse than mine.

No smoking; no drinking from straws; etc the 'pulling/sucking' will give you 'dry sockets' and that hurts...

And the dentist will either give you a rinse or tell you to rinse with a salt water solution after eating to rinse away food particles etc...
    Anonymous

• WOW RHONDAVEGGIE THATS AWESOME THAT U DID SO WELL! :-D i hope i do alright, im pretty good with pain. lol i dont liek being put under anesthiseia so iam goin to ask for teh shots.
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I had all four pulled. Painkillers were my friend for a couple days, but after that I was fine. Except for hard or crispy stuff I was able to eat about anything right away. Good luck to you and I hope it all goes well.

Answer by Bmat at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• wow! anymore food ideas, becuase my husband can barely cook LOL. hoow LONG DID YALL TAKE TO RECOVER?
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009