Do any of you moms have Bunk Beds with a Trundle underneath for your kids?

If so which ones do you have and do you like it?

I was considering this one.

http://www.everythingfurniture.com/we-bunk-bed-108.html?source=Cashback?utm_campaign=Cashback&utm_medium=Comparison&utm_source=CASHBACK_EF&utm_term=BWTOTWB-TB#axzz0b7Qk6XXh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP, that is a terrific set! It is simple, yet safe. I love the full siderails with the ladder down at the end and attached so it can't be kicked away. The height of each end on the top bunk look high and safe, too. If you plan on having frequent company, then the trundle is a great idea. I also love that it can separate into separate twin beds in the future.
    Is there a way you can personally view this bed instead of ordering it online? Anytime you buy bunkbeds, you need to check the structure yourself by looking at the construction, the quality of the materials, the sturdiness, and exactly what is underneath the mattress/bunkie board.
    When we bought our children's bunkbeds we physically climbed the ladder and sat on the top bunk ourselves (bottom bunk, too). We shook the structure and we saw that the bunkie boards were held in place with strong wooden slats running across the sides at about 8 inches apart. X-tra sturdy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Anonymous

• We LOVE this set!!! I love the steps, it made me feel better about putting my 2 year old twins in it. Plus they use the other side as a ladder sometimes. Sometimes I use what they use as a ladder for a place to hang blankets.
    http://www.roomstogokids.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=ktg.showRoom&roo_id=5657
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• We're getting one from IKEA. It has a pull out where you can put another mattress but the mattress has to be stored elsewhere (we're just storing it under our daughter's mattress...its a daybed so it doesn't look funny). Also, it has three drawers for toy storage underneath. I'm very happy with this find.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My cousins has one like this that my grandfather made. They got tired of pulling the bed in and out and my oldest cousin ended up getting his own room and then they used the pull out for storage. So it was still very useful.
    Anonymous

• My daughter has a twin bed with a trundle that we bought from a local store. She loves it because it doesn't take up much space in her room, but she has it to pull out when friends come over to spend the night.

Answer by missanc at 6:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009