stuffed peppers!!!! ideas?

OK so ive been wanting to make stuffed peppers, but i never have made them i want a good reipe do you ladies have any recipes youre willing to share taht are good and also, what do you make with the stuffed bell peppers on the side?

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I love stuffed peppers! I've had them several different ways. When I make them I make a Spanish Rice with Ground Beef and that's what I stuff them with. Spanish Rice: Cooked Ground Beef w/ onion, Rice, Chili Powder, Diced tomatoes (in a can) and season to taste. Then I stuff the peppers with it and bake them. You have to boil the peppers (with tops cut off and de-seeded) for about 5 minutes, then stuff them.
    When they are almost done baking, top with Mozz cheese. They are oh so good!!
    Baking time all depends on how tender you want you peppers to be.
    _whisper_

Answer by _whisper_ at 6:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My husband makes a kick butt stuffed pepper soup. the recipes is at allrecipes.com. He uses turkey burger instead of hamburger to cut the fat down a bit. It is really good with some crust bread.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 6:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I stuff my peppers with my regular meatloaf recipe and it turns out great! On the side we usually will have some type of potato (my kids favorite is mashed potatoes, or loaded mashed) and steamed carrots.

Answer by missanc at 6:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• my mom used to make them and they were really good she would use some hamburger crumbels and some white rice season the hambers with parmesean chese and oregeno and parsley and a then mix the rice in and then add jsut a tiny bit of spagetti suace its soooooooo good
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• STUFFED PEPPERS
    (The original recipe called for brown rice, I substitute quinoa)
    4 large red or green peppers
    1 T olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 stalks celery, diced
    1 t cumin
    1 t chili powder
    1 t basil
    ½ tsp oregano
    2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
    1 ½ cups cooked and drained red kidney beans (or one can; really, any bean will do)
    2 T tamari
    Cayenne to taste
    1 ½ cups canned tomatoes with their juice
    1 small can tomato paste
    Thinly sliced cheese (optional)
    Wash the peppers and cut them in half length wise. Remove the seeds. Place the peppers, cut side down, on a rack above boiling water. Cover the pot and steam for about 10 min or until they are just beginning to get soft. DO NOT STACK ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER...they will not steam evenly. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, celery, cumin, chili powder, basil and oregano.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Saute until the onions are almost tender. Add the cooked quinoa and beans. Mix well; then add the tamari and the cayenne to taste. Mix again. Lightly oil a shallow 7 x 11 inch baking dish. Fill each pepper with the bean and quinoa mixture and place the peppers side by side in the baking dish. Mix together the canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. If the tomatoes are whole, chop them up or break them up with a fork. Pour the tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350´ for 30 minutes. Uncover the dish and top each pepper with a thin slice of cheese if desired. Return the dish to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.