How can I find a kid friendly theatre without calling each indiviually?

I want to take my daughter but I haven't gone to the movies in years. Is there a better time to take her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• The best time to catch a cinema with a smaller crowd is the matinee showings. Many theaters also have free kids shows on the weekends throughout the summer. Look in a local mom magazine to check for things like that. I know here in springfield it varies from Veggie Tales to Pixar andDisney, depending on the week. Many also have boosters, but not all. Going to a early showing will ensure a better view, regaurdless.
    KumasMommy

Answer by KumasMommy at 7:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• How old is she? Many cinemas have baby friendly movies once a month for kids under 12 months where they turn down the sound, turn the lights up a little, and so on. There are often kids movies on weekends too, usually about 60-90 minute program of a short movie and a cartoon, that are often cheaper and full of kids so that would be a good introduction for her. Does she sit through movies at home? That's a good indicator as to whether she's ready for the cinema or not. Get a kids pack at the concession stand (usually a small popcorn, soda, and candy for about $6-7) to keep her still if she gets wriggly and be prepared to leave if you need to. Go to a matinee, something that's been out for a while and obviously kid appropriate. Honestly the best thing to do is start young. My guy has been going since he was a few weeks old and he's seen well over 100 movies at age 4 with no issues.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i just took my 2 yr old to see princess and the frog. the only problem we had was she couldnt sit in the chair and see the movie over peoples heads, so she stood, or sat on my leg the whole time.
    Anonymous

• she's 3. i was trying to take her to see the princess and the frog. but wasn't sure about how loud it would be or if they adjusted the volume. and if they had booster seats.

Anonymous

• no boosters, no volume adjustment
    my son went for the first time when he was 3 to see cars and he was fine
    Anonymous

• I usually take my 3 yo to the first showings here at noon. The only other people at the movies ar e usualy people with young kids too or else we have the palce to ourselves. Our's has boosters to use but do not really adjust the volume.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• oops can't spell today oh well.
    pagirl71

• We went and she loved the movie. There were less than 15 people in the theatre. We sat near the back just in case. So she had the same aisle to herself to walk when she didn't want to sit. But for the most part she did great. I may have to do it again. Thanks

Anonymous