Air your dirty laundry! =)

I am really curious to know about your laundry habits such as : how often? what kind of detergent? do you use liquid fabric softener or dryer sheets? both?

I use Arm & Hammer detergent... Downy liquid and Bounce dryer sheets. As for the frequency... too often! lol

itsjaimiehere

Asked by itsjaimiehere at 6:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 5 people means doing laundry daily. so that it doesn't pile up.

i use whatever dye free detergent is on sale, and does not make my nose twitch.

we do not use fabric softener- it deteriorates clothing quicker, and clogs the direr... makes everything a lot sticker, and attracts lint.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i use gain-the one in the pink, i dont remember what its called. i bought liquid and powder just to see what i like more. definately the liquid, but im using the powder until its gone. and i have the matching dryer sheets. as for how often, when i feel like it. usually a load every other day.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• armn hamor liquid here - and it seems like constantly, and when i take a break it piles up and i kick myself for the break
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I have two kids and do laundry every other day if not every day. I use gain liquid detergent and bounce dryer sheets.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I do laundry twice a week. I use tide sensitive and bounce dryer sheets. I use resolve spot treatment for stains.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I do laundry everyday. I use tide free HE liquid, add Oxy booster for colors and I admit to using bleach for some whites and towels. I will also pull out the borax for my sheets. I love the smell. I pretreat baby and organic stains with Oxy but use Shout for other stains. I use hairspray on ink stains - hubby has them all the time in the breast pocket of his work shirt. I also check all items before putting them in the dryer for stains and will treat them again and again until the stain is out. Just today I was treating a baby shirt with Oxy spray and then spot cleaning using bleach on a q-tip.

I use bounce sheets in the dryer.
    Anonymous

• We're down to 3 people, so I do laundry about every 10 days... I use 1/8c of ultra concentrated no-name powder detergent for a large load of worn clothes. For oily or smelly clothes that don't include silk or wool, I add 1/8c of enzyme pretreat powder (ours is called Amaze, there are several brands). For stains I use Shout or Spray&Wash interchangably.

My dryer manufacturer instructed me to never use fabric softener, in the washer or the dryer, because it removes the coating from the dryer drum. Both also leave a flammable residue on fabrics that can be quite dangerous, particularly for people with long hair which lights fast.

Every time I can, I hang everything to dry on the line, but never put anything spandex or elastic in the dryer --all of our undies and spandex is dried on racks in the laundry room.

I never use bleach on fabric, I hate how fast it makes material disintegrates.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I love the catchy title!
    I launder for a household of 6 people, one of whom is a 10 month old baby.
    I should let you know up front that I am a laundry fanatic, a bit OCD about it really, and I actually LOVE to do the task! It relaxes me and I feel a sense of accomplishment.
    I use Arm & Hammer liquid detergent, Gain liquid softener (I prefer the apple/mango scent), Borax for odors, store-brand bleach for white towels and badly stained clothing that nothing else will work on, and Oxy pre-treat spray for stains. I never use laundry sheets because they clog up the dryer filter over time, which could cause a fire eventually.
    I do an average of 7 loads per week, which I try to do as soon as there is a full load - I never do a partial load.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think I do laundry every day... yeah i do... I switch between 3 detergents, depending on what is on sale... but i will only use, Tide, Cheer, or Gain - nothing else smells as good!! Ugh.. guess I'll go do another load....
    hannahfoy

Answer by hannahfoy at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009