Are there any suggestions for depression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• There are two types of depression. If it is circumstantial depression then try to change the circumstances. If it is physiological you might need a doctor's help. I suffer from it but I won't take long term meds. I use over the counter 5-HTP during an episode but check with your dr to see if you can take it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• p.s. You can also take Vitamin B Complex. That's helpful as well

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Therapy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Talk with your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I live with depression and refuse to take meds for it. I find that regular exercise daily really helps. There are some days that nothing will work but since I started exercising I have fewer of those.
    Anonymous

• If you want depression, it's a simple matter of getting really really mad and then instead of going postal, repress it and cave in on yourself.

If you don't want depression, the simplest way out is to work hard for other people. It alleviates the anger, and gives you something valuable to do with your time while you're sorting out the inside of your head so it's a nicer place to live. Children's Hospice is the kind of place where it's hard to think of yourself much...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Go to the doctor and get a referral to a therapist and get counseling and meds if you need them. Depression is nothing to mess around with. People have committed suicide because of depression, lives have been ruined because of depression. Needing and getting help is nothing to be ashamed of. Getting angry, working hard or just getting over it, is NOT possible. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and needs help to balance out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Depression can be many things. It can be circumstantial or a chemical imbalance. If its just needing changes in your life you will have to do it.I know because that is what mine was. I had to make several big changes in my life and it helped me so much. Now my friend had it and was on medication for over 8 yrs(she also had bad panic attacks too though). Hers was a chemical imbalance.

You need to go talk to your doctor first. Make sure that they really help you. I went to a doctor for mine and saw him for a total of 10 mins and they put me on an antidepressant. But come to find out mine was NOT a chemical imbalance.Just make sure that they really listen to you.

Good Luck mama:) I promise it WILL get better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2009