does anyone know how to make the peanut butter squares

I'm looking for a recipe for the peanut butter squares that we use to have when I was in school. I know it has peanut butter a powder sugar but I don't know what else it calls for

lilmama4825

Asked by lilmama4825 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares
    1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
    1 1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    3 cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 40 squares)
    1 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
    1 12-oz. package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    Line a 9x9x2 inch pan with aluminum foil. (Leave about 1 inch hanging over the opposite sides so you can lift the bars easily from the pan.) In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar, butter, 1 cup peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir in the cracker crumbs and peanuts. (The mixture will be stiff.) Press mixture into the pan. Over low heat stir together the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter until smooth. Spread over the mixture in the pan. Cover and refrigerate about an hour or until the chocolate is set. Remove from the pan and cut the bars into 36 squares.Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until firm

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Go to cooks.com
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009