how do u cook a whole chicken easy and fast?

miasmama07

Asked by miasmama07 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If I'm pulling it off the bone to use in a recipe, I typically will stew the chicken - takes about 40 mins total depending on the size of the chicken.

Answer by missanc at 6:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Mine takes about an hour and a half but is the best roasted chicken I've ever had. Its actually beer can chicken. Take a whole chicken, loosen the skin but don't remove it. Take fresh sage leaves and rosemary and a very thinly sliced lemon. Slide lemon slices, rosemary and sage up under the skin of the breast of the chicken. Rub the outside of the chicken with Mrs Dash italian seasoning. Open a can of beer and dump out about half of it. Put the beer can in a roasting pan. Slide the cavity of the chicken over the beer can (so it looks like its sitting up). Bake at 450 for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and bake another hour to an hour and 15 minutes, til a instant read thermometer reads 180 in the thickest part of the thigh. Moistest, most flavorful roast chicken EVER and its a cheap meal that feeds 5 or 6 people well.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I find it easies and cheaper to get one cooked from costco
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• The crockpot - may not be *fast* but in the end it's the best IMO.
    Anonymous