How do I help teach my son to crawl?

My son is 5 1/2 months and I know he will be crawling when he is ready but I have been trying to help teach him. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put toys out of reach and when she tried getting them I would put my hands behind her feet so her feet would push against my hands and she would move. It helped her to realize (i think) that she had to use her legs and feet to crawl to get her toys.
    Lyndsay13

Answer by Lyndsay13 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• just do lots and lots of tummy time, if you didn't do it early on, then they will probably be a few months late on the crawling.
    Anonymous

• I just put my daughter on her tummy and put toys just out of her reach. Eventually your son will start pulling himself towards the toys. Let him fuss if he does for a little bit to make him realize that the only way he can get the toy is to reach out and move towards it.
    MyrtleMami

Answer by MyrtleMami at 1:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i also did that lots n lots of tumy time and move a toy just outta reach
    deb554433

Answer by deb554433 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Minti - teach AND crawl
    time parenting tip - Work with your baby to teach them how to crawl My son graduated f ... http://www.minti.com/parenting-advice/1495/Learning-to-Crawl/ ...
    www.minti.com/search/?query=teach++AND+crawl&item_type=advice -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I'm with you! My son is just starting to get himself up in the position. For a while I put him in the position on his hands and knees and now he gets there by himself from a sitting position. He HATES tummy time and I didn't have the stomach to let him wail. So we let him sit up and put his favorite toy just a little bit out of his reach. It won't be long! Good Luck
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 7:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008