Double standard?

On December 22, 2001, Richard Reid -- known more infamously as the shoe bomber -- failed in his attempt to blow up a Miami-bound jet using explosives hidden in his shoe. Coming less than four months after September 11, there already were deep concerns about a potential attack during the upcoming holiday break. Nevertheless, President Bush did not directly address the foiled plot for six days, according to an extensive review of newspaper records from that time period. And when he did, it was only in passing.

And yet President Obama was assailed on CM for not speaking immediately, Double standard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "Oh, but we never said we didn't say anything about Bush at that time! Why do you have to bring up Bush all the time?! I was just as critical of Bush! CafeMom wasn't around back then!"

And so on and so forth, as they say.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Who gives a crap when our president isnt even listening to but IGNORING the people ...imo nothing else matters but to get his arse out asap
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• ^^^ you were what, 13 years old at the time? go have a cookie.
    Anonymous

• That goes for the admin as well..its not just Obama doing the ignoring
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• and the bush babble continues on......I thought we have a new dumba** in charge......
    Anonymous

• 7:02 was @ first responder! lol
    Anonymous

• I agree, OP, Obama is just as bad as Bush. They are both lousy presidents. Obama has has kept all of Bush's bad policies and added a few of his own.

D-mn, I was really hoping for change.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• That is probably because most of the women on this site were teens who didn't give a rats arse about politics. They probably wouldn't have known whether or not Bush ever spoke about the show bomber. But you are going for a stretch there, I mean seriously CM site wasn't launched till December 2006. So it's not like anyone could prove to you that they did or did not complain about Bush not addressing the shoe bomber back in 2001.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Well, I was 21 and a mother of one and prego with my 2nd.....does that give enough street cred to answer this Q? I wasnt aware we had to show ID or prove a birthday to be allowed to have an opinion to a Q. I simply MUST re-read the cafemom rules! Anywho.....I know this may be a difficult concept for some of you but there are many of us conservatives that dont believe everything Bush did was great.......and ADMIT IT regularly....unlike some others who will never admit SOMEbody has not done the things he has promised. ONCE AGAIN Obama is being held to Bush's LOWEST standards.........isnt that FANTASTIC! :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Never thought of it that way momof ...Obama being held to Bushs lowest standards...makes sense
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009