What is the difference between flu symptoms and food poisoning symptoms?(sorry if this is graphic)

Sunday I ate lunch at Arby's. By dinner time (around 5pm) I felt really sick. by 6pm I was in the bathroom. It started out with diarrhea, and then vomiting. I threw up like 4 times and the other was over by around 9:30pm. the next day I went to the bathroom twice, but no vomiting. My lower back was hurting and my temp was bouncing around from 100 to 101. This only developed the next day not the evening I was in the bathroom. I feel better today. I'm a little weak but otherwise ok. I am able to keep food and liquid down. I was just wondering if it was the Arby's or the flu. My daughter or husband isn't sick (yet)

mantamoo

Asked by mantamoo at 6:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• Sounds a lot like food poisoning but it could be stomach virus. I got food poisoning from an Arby's once and refuse to eat there again. Glad you are feeling better though. Your lower back pain may have been from dehydration because of the vomiting and diarrhea.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like food poisoning to me. Might be Norwalk (easy as food poisoning to get at restaurants).

If your pain is mid-back, all of your residual symptoms may be from a low-level (currently) kidney infection. If your pee is darker than normal, get a lab test to see --they can be really dangerous and are a secondary effect of food poisoning.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• my pee was darker but now it is not. I thought it was from being dehydrated
    mantamoo

Answer by mantamoo at 7:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Sounds more like food poisioning than the flu. The flu rarely has vomitting or diharrea. The flu is more of a respiratory aliment. It also depends on what strain of food poisioning that you have. Food poisioning can take minutes or days depending on the strain.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• bump
    mantamoo

Answer by mantamoo at 4:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009