Insecurity Question here...

Okay here goes, I'm hispanic & I have curves. My waist is 19 in, but boobs are 34D's. I have a bubble butt. But may I add that I LOVE the gym, I am currently at 10% body fat which is pretty good for a female, I've always been happy with who I am. The ppl I've had realtionships were always impressed & happy. But here goes, the guy I now am with NEVER compliments me. not that he has to say "DAMN those are Nice" or whatver. But I've been used to men who were an *ss man or boob men" he seems to be neither. Whoever I was with before was one or the other & let me know what they liked, why the found me attractive. The guys who liked both, loved that I had both. He is a face man he says he like little tiny faces like fine small features, I'm hispanic I've a round face so now I feel entirely like there's nothing he like physically about me. Yes I know, inside matters & he says he likes me for my good morals & character...contin..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• But am I selfish to want my SO to be attracted to me physically as well? I feel ugly sometimes. And lastnight I was looking at boob jobs & he was like "damn lets go have sex" funny thing is he's never said that just by looking at me. I'm really insecure as you can see & no I don't have to be Miss America or the prettiest, just wish there was ONE thing he'd point out that he liked
    Anonymous

• Have you sat down with him and asked him what exactly what he likes about your BODY? Or if he thinks their is something you can change? I guess since hes not going to do it on his own just ask if. Also tell him it makes you feel better if he'd say comments like that, and you want him to smack your booty when you walk by lol. I know i also like those things as well :) Or is he just the type of guy that doesn't feel comfortable saying those kinda things? But yeah like i said just tell him you'd appreeciate it if he would say something like that, and if he doesn't want too, maybe hes just not the guy for you.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 7:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• and oh yeah hell no your not selfish at all for wanting him to be attracted to you physically...its only natural. I want my husband to love the insde and the outside of me. I honestly dunno how you could be with someone if your not physically attracted to someone, yes i know the inside is what really counts, BUT you gotta like what you see as well :)
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 7:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• He's not superficial. That's a good thing. Some men are interested in you as a person and not what you look like. Looks can be gone in an instant but you are you forever. If you tell him you want him to admire your body as well as your spirit you may come across as needy and less than confident about yourself. Can't you just appreciate that he likes you as a person? He sounds like a good man.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• He shouldn't get upset or irritated by you asking him straight up what he likes about your body. Not your mind or personality, but your body. He should be able to tell you at least a couple of things he likes about your body or the way you carry yourself or something. I am not really sure what I would do, mine doesn't have any problem with saying what he likes lol, but I know for some men it might not be their thing to compliment you physically because maybe he wants to show you that he cares more about you for your presronality than your looks and he doesn't want you to think looks is all that matters to him. If you casually ask him, he should be happy to answer.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Some men are too stupid to give compliments. Have you tried complimenting him? People tend to mirror back at you.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• a man should tell the women he loves you are beautiful to him. I would find it odd if he did not.

try what ecodani wrote you to see it it works. Good luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2009