doc gave me the go ahead to ttc...any thoughts?

I went to see my gynecologist (sp?) Yesterday and he asked if dh and I were ttc again I told him no but we also aren't trying to prevent pregnancy. He told me that if I wanted to try to go ahead and start. We want another baby but I was expecting my doc to discourage it b/c ds is only 7 months. What do you ladies think? (Btw I don't care what WHO reccomends I think they're insane with the "wait at least 2 to 3 yrs to ttc" crap.)Should we go ahead and try or should we wait? And was my doc right or wrong to encourage it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If your doc has cleared you and you want another one then go for it. I love the WHO comment. HA HA HA HA. :D
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It's a personal choice. Personally, I never wanted children that close together. There are pros and cons to having children close together but that lifestyle wasn't for me. My children are 5 years apart and that's a good space for me. Like I said, it's a personal choice.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If you are ready for another baby then go ahead.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 8:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• That doesn't sound right at all. Every doctor that I have talked to, has you wait at least 10 months to a year, because that is how long it takes for your body to recover from the pregnancy.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Op here. Well twin_mommy that's what I thought too so I found it odd and apparently I'm in good enough shape to go for #2 lol. I don't know. But he's a great doctor with many many years of experience so I trust him. At the same time we don't want to try we just don't want to prevent it. You know "don't try just have fun". When we're meant to have another baby it will happen whether we use birth control methods or not sorta thing. Does that make sense? I mean when its meant to happen it'll happen.
    Anonymous

Anonymous