when do you no your child is out of the sudden infant syndrom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was diagnosed with sids at 13.5 months old. He stopped breathing around 11am and never breathed again!!! So I will tell you from my pain I'd say 18 months.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• suposaly when they can roll over, but i would be caution until at least one yr of age
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I'd say a year of age.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• They could not find a medical issue or problem and that's why they gave him that diagnosis. ANY baby can die at ANY time. Its a sad and f***ed part of life but we have to endure it as parents until God has His day and death, sorrow, sickness, hunger, and the world as we have come to know it will be no more! I have to hold on to that faith inorder to carry on and believe I will see my son again!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When you stop vaccinating
    "Crib death" was so infrequent in the pre-vaccination era that it was not even mentioned in the statistics, but it started to climb in the 1950s with the spread of mass vaccination against diseases of childhood. --Harris L.Coulter, PhD.
    http://vaclib.org/basic/quotes.htm
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009