H1N1 help

ok, just found out today that my dh has caught the flu. my youngest got the vaccine, but when it was me and my oldest turn the docs office ran out and i never went back. should i take all of us to get checked out asap? or should I wait until i start seeing symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• Elderberry. Go get it now and take it at least 2 times a day. Go to whole foods etc...It's called "Sambucus Elderberry."

It's made from berries and is a natural antiviral. Proven to work unlike tamiflu. NO side effects either. Tastes good too.

This was our first time using it, but we tried it after hearing rave reviews on my natural boards and it made us able to enjoy Christmas. My daughter had come down with some type of viral flu or cold....and she was sickest the longest. My son though started on the elderberry right away and was only sick 1 day !!! He came down with the sore throat, sudden fever, body aches etc...but we kept the elderberry up and it was amazing.

Seriously I was so skeptical, but it DOES work.

Also make sure to wipe down surfaces and keep hubby in bed so he can try to prevent spreading it.
    Anonymous

• I called the hospital when I thought my 2 year old might of had it a couple weeks ago and they told me that you don't need to be seen unless you have a high temp.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Just to add, if he has the flu now he didn't just bring it home, he was exposed to it at least 10 days ago. It take time for the virus to invade your body and show signs and symptoms. Chances are the rest of the family has already been exposed and you just didn't know it... It is flu season so it is hard to tell if it is H1N1 or just the regular flu. If anyone has problem, then go to the Dr. other than that, wash hands, good nutrition,rest and plenty of fluids is all you can do..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose. Neither my husband nor I contracted it.

Get some Elderberry syrup (twice as effective as Tamiflu and no side effects); keep your child well hydrated, and relax!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Go get the shot if you are worried. Otherwise, it is just the flu like the seasonal flu. My son's and my doctors office don't treat ANYONE for Swine Flu unless they are under 2 years old or have underlying medical conditions. I would be treated because I have asthma. Otherwise, it just has to run it's course.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Oh and forgot to add no don't go to the doctor unless needed. There is nothing they can give you, besides Tamilflu which is proven not to work and has bad side effects.

Getting the shot now won't help either for this time since you have already been exposed.
    Anonymous