Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tax questions

I have a ds from a previous relationship. My fiance wants to claim him since I didn't work in 2009. Can he even though its not his kid and we aren't married? Also dd (who is his) was born aug 6th of this year. Did she make it into the bracket so he can claim her this year?

Answer Question

Asked by mom06and09 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Aug. 6 is with in 2009 so yes he could put her. IF your DS lived with both of you he may be able to claim him if you give him the SS number and if dad does not claim him or there is not a court order givng dad the right to claim him.
    I know my ex claimed some kids that were not his, but not sure if they started cracking down on that or not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • He has been with my fiance for the past since 12/2008 so all of 2009. Ds biodad has no legal rights and doesn't claim him. Thanks so much.

    Answer by mom06and09 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • i owuld ask theese questions to the irs or h& r block, i could guess but when it comes to the irs i don't wanna tell you something wrong, you need to be sure so you guys dont get in trouble

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.