Costco or Sams Club?

Costco is $50.00 a year
Sams Club $40.00 a year plus you get a extra card for free
But our sams club is 28 mins away. Costco is 15-20mins away from us.
Which one do you like and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP - your welcome. I had always been to Sam's... hubby always talked about Costco & their muffins he ate for breakfast every day. He's from San Diego. Well, I never knew what the big deal was until they put one in Louisville & I went in with my sister. Well, his dad gave us the gift of membership for Christmas & we went last weekend - I was FULL by the time we left! Not to mention the Gallon jug of ALL Free & Clear HE (that I use anyways) for $10, the muffins he wanted, and will be going back for lots more!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I LOVE Sam's Club! I've been a member for about 3 years and wouldn't shop anywhere else for my bulk items. (I have only been in Cotsco once.)
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 7:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• COSTCO!!!!!!!!!! I'm from San Diego and went to Costco when I was a teen/young 20's. Then hubby and I were in FL, then OK and there was only Sam's club. Now we are in WA state and get Costco again woohooo lol.
    I don't know I just feel like they have better deals and more of a variety...... Hubby and I both have cards and we only paid $50.
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• OP here. thanks for the info but i want to know why though. What are the differences on both. I have shopped at both and i dont know which one is better.
    Anonymous

• Bgcmommy- OP here again lol im in wa state too. Just that costco used to be 20 dollars a year before. but im talking about more then 5 years ago. i thought they would still keep it like that. i also asked if they do military discounts and they dont.
    Anonymous

• Sam's / Walmart treats it employees terribly. You can learn more at www.wakeupwalmart.com

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I prefer Costco because they have a larger variety of items and care more brand names, I also like that they have more meat selections and frozen dinners. Sam's club has a tendency to carry some items only seasonally like certain can food items and that annoys me. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I just talked to my hubby and he said we paid $30 for the membership, glad he has a good memory :) But the day we signed up it was on post, they were having some sort of "family" day and had costco there.
    Another thing I like about Costco is THEY SEND COUPONS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and some of their clothes are so cute and cheap! I don't know I just find so much more I like at Costco.
    When I had the Sam's club card I rarely went and when I did it was school related. I had a personal membership and a business through my kids school.
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 8:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• With Costco, you get two cards as well.
    Costco has great clothes and food, and I think that their merchandise is a higher quality than Sams. As an aside, I hate Walmart and since they are affiliated with Sams, I don't want to shop there.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I have been a member of Sams Club before and thought it was cool, but now we are members of COSCTO and LOVE IT! There is really no comparison. The quality of meat, baked goods & everything else is unbelievable. You do get 2 cards with COSTCO also.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2009