Are you letting the little ones stay up for New Years Eve? (like around age 5 or so)

MBsMom2004

Asked by MBsMom2004 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Holidays

• I was thinking about bringing in the New Year with my older two. They're 9 and 6. Only because on of my resolutions is to be a better mom. We have a great relationship and with things going the way they have been I'm not feeling as strong!!! My kids keep me going, their smiles and laughter allow me to forget my pains, and to watch them grow has given me a sense of acclomplishment. NO KEEPING MY KIDS UP DOES NOT MAKE ME A BETTER MOM!!! I think if they want to watch the ball drop and see some fire works then why not!? There's no school and its the weekend! JMO!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think i am letting my 5 yr old stay up....he has his own calendar and is very aware of the way it works. Myabe he can change to the new calendar at midnight!
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• We'll let them try. They (9 &4) probably won't make it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Yes mine stay up with me every year. Sometimes DD falls asleep before midnight but normally we have friends over so her and her friends are always playing til we send them to bed lol. My older two are 12 and 11 so they have no problem with staying up.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• If they can stay awake, I'll let them. I don't think they'll make it though. They are usually pretty tired and ready for bed by 9. I don't see any problem with it, it's not like we have to get up early and go anywhere the next day. I have some sparkling grape juice for them to bring in the new year if they are able to make it!
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 8:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• nope...
    Anonymous

• they'll try. lol

last year the older two (they were 7 and 5) made it just barely. and were in bed at about 12:03. lol youngest didnt' even try, she put herself to bed at 8.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• All along, they were allowed. Sometimes they tried really, really hard and couldn't, other times they managed it, and sometimes they just went to bed.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I am with Linda. My kids have always been "allowed" to stay up....they just didnt start making it till last year (7 and 8) but they were REALLY droopy and almost didnt!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My DD 7........ I have allowed her to stay up with us for like 3 yrs now... This might be the 4th year.I have always allowed her to stay up, some years she didn't make it though. She enjoys it. Being able to stay up late with the family.. Eatting finger foods, drinking juice/kool-aid....etc. It is a weekend and they have off. No harm done.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2009