I truly wish I had friends...

I dont even know where to begin to look, I work, but dont really have anything in common with most of my co-workers. And SO and i dont go out enough to find friends....i dont know where to look anymore, im at my wits end. I know i dont have a whole lot of time to devote to a friendship, but having someone to send a text message to or call occasionally just to chat would be nice...maybe even someone to hang out with every now and then! im so damn lonely. I have no one outside of my SO and my son...and its depressing!...i make it through the day fine, but when i sit down and think of who i could call to catch up with, or who i have to lean on when i need a shoulder i have a BLANK! NO ONE! anyone have any advice or in the same situation!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have felt like that before. We tried joining a church, I have volunteered, gone to PTA events, but IMO, it is hard to find true friends in these places because everyone is looking to "be someone". Be recognized, be with the "in" crowd, etc. Maybe that is just in our area, but we have made friends with neighbors, at work, or online ;) Everyone is different. We are not a conventional family, so PTA and church were not places we fit in. Keep looking, you will find whom you seek eventually.
    stylemomma123

Answer by stylemomma123 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Join a house of worship: synagogue, church, mosque, meeting house, etc.
    Join a community organization
    Join the PTA
    do some other type of volunteer work
    volunteer at your neighborhood school.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It would help if you didn't ask this anon, ya know?
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I agree with the first poster.

Also I have found that sometimes the best friends you can have are the mothers of your kids friends. If your kids are friends than you at least have one common bond, maybe more ;)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• lmao legalmommy, im sorry....didnt wanna sound like a whiney baby..or get bashed for it....HERE I AM!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Oh and my child isnt old enough to have "friends" yet...hes not even 1...im looking for a church..i wasnt raised in one, so its kind of a harder search for me!!
    sweetstkissez22

• i have the same problem. except i don't work right now. i love being with my son and so but i want friends. i used to have friends but since im a mommy now no one wants to be my friend anymore.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I have the same problem! We live in an area where we know NO ONE. We haven't found a local church yet, it is very tough to find one that fits when you know there is one that fits perfectly somewhere else. All of our friends are either in active duty military, or in Kentucky. One of my very best friends right now is someone I have never had the privilege of meeting face to face. She and I are both SAHM's, the same age, been married the same amount of time, the same values and beliefs... We both work online together doing the same things... We talk all day on SKYPE - we are each others saving grace!

Let me know if you want a friend! I'd love to help as much as I can.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I really doubt anyone is going to bash you for this post and if they do they are an idiot. Don't be scared to post something you need , vent, cry, ask to talk whatever. I'd much rather see a post like this instead half of the other moronic posts about cheating, cps, eating dog food etc. LOL

Cafemom is actually a good place to find friends. I've found a couple really good friends on here. None of them live close unfortunately but sometimes when you need a friend location doesn't seem like such a huge problem. I have a little one also, so there's something we have in common. :)

Maybe start a group for moms in your area if there isn't one already.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• try going on meetup.com and join a moms group. Thats how I found friends.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2009