SO tired of this!!

Sorry, just need to vent for a minute.
I am SO tired of people bashing Wal-Mart. You know, there are always going to be bad experiences no matter where you work. Wal-Mart is just targeted because they are a multi-billion dollar corporation and people are sue-happy!
Come on people! This hits a hot button with me. I started out as a REGULAR hourly associate and moved up into management. Of coarse there were times when I thought I wasn't treated right or fair... HOWEVER... there is a correct way to handle these things. There is a 'Sundown' rule at Wal-Mart and there is a Open-Door policy all the way up through Regional management and beyond.

If you aren't happy with things that have happened - FIRST - go to your immediate supervisor, then to your assistant manager, then to the co-manager, then to the store manager, then to the District mgr then to Regional. There IS a way to solve issues BESIDES bashing the company!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 8:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry to hear that. I love Wal-Mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• what is your question?
    Anonymous

• Feel better? Sorry, but in the bigger picture, Wal-mart still sucks!!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Do you know how much all taxpayers subsidize WalMart? http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Corporate_Welfare/WalMart_Welfare.html

WalMart has more employees on welfare than any other US employer: http://www.alternet.org/story/22298/

Have you visited www.wakeupwalmart.com ?

Anonymous

• Im guessing this is coming from the Sams Costco post...but i only read 2 people who even mentioned working there..its not that serious!!! Some people get testy when they feel they were treated unfairly...you were lucky and now you can be a walmart cheerleader!! MY uncle has worked for Walmart for years...theyve treated him well...???
    Anonymous

• My son put himself through college working for Wal Mart. The semester after he graduated he turned in his notice. He was ready to look for bigger fish to fry. The management begged him to stay, promoted him and 12 years later he is a district manager.
    People can post all the trash they want. The fact is I save more money shopping there. The money I save allows us to purchase 'luxery" items.
    Anonymous

• "People can post all the trash they want. The fact is I save more money shopping there. The money I save allows us to purchase 'luxery" items."

You say that like Wal-Mart hasn't put millions and millions of people out of jobs and forced American manufacturers to go over seas to work little Asian kids to death to make the cheap crap you save money on so you can afford luxuries.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• okay...I don't like Costco or Sam's Club...I prefer BJs...ummm and I enjoy Wal-Mart for some things...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I didn't have a question, just irritating.
    I have worked in several retail stores and Wal-Mart was by FAR the best one in the way of the way they treat their associates, the benefit package, the advancement opportunities.

They may have the most people on welfare - BUT at least they have JOBS! They have the most people on PA because they EMPLOY the most people! They do offer advancement, do offer more hours if you just ASK for them, do offer benefits... They have tuition assistance for associates and children, Stock Option plan, 401K...
    There are going to be bad experiences everywhere you go. My worst working experience was with JC Penney, a store I worked in for 3 years and made the most money for the store and was STILL treated like crap! There was NO advancement, the pay SUCKED... WalMart was MUCH better by FAR
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Don't let other people's opinions get to you. I, for one, happen to love our two local Walmarts and am impressed with the improvements both have made in the past few years. Our local Target is unpredictable in price and quality and our Kmart is comparable to a sewer, but I can always count on our Walmarts for whatever we need, at anytime, at a good price.

Be a duck, sweetie. When you are like a duck, you are able to let the bad things roll off your back just as water rolls off a duck's back.
    Be a duck....
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009