HOw do i get GNATS (sp?) out of my house?

they just showed up out of know where!! and they are getting one my nerves!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I bet they are fruit flies... get rid of old fruit and wash the area down with some amonia.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Vinegar attracts them. They drown in it. You won't get all of them, but you'll get most of them.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 9:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• get a bowl of apple cider vinegar put a little joy washing liquid in it a set it out they will be attracted to the vinegar and once they land in the bowl they will get stuck in the joy .....if you have pets or kids its safer then the other remedies....good luckl
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I second the answer sunflower39346 gave. I would also add plastic wrap over the bowl, pull it very tight and poke small holes in the plastic so that the fruit flies can get through but then can't get back out. I use this method and works like a charm!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I've been there so this is not me judging! : )

But... take out the trash and clean clean clean. They will then be gone in a day.
    Anonymous

• Hang a fly strip. Fly strip are nasty & gross looking, but it works. Remove any old fruit, including tomatoes.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2010