What are the symptoms of IBS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• - painful cramps (doubled over) after eating
    - constipation or diherra
    - bloating or gas

If you think you have it start a food journal. Write what you eat and how you feel afterwards. The doctors want this info when trying to diagnose you. I have been suffering for 10 years now. They will run lots of test and then you can get meds. No medicine worked for me..I was either constipated or had diherra . So I just watch what I eat and know that if we are eating out that we need to head home afterwards. Good luck.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I get bloating, gas, diharrea. I get some cramping but nothing that I double over with. I sometimes get constipation instead of the diharrea. I take Hycosamine and that really helps. I also stay away from the foods that I know bother me. Fried foodsm dairy and spicy foods are no good for me. It makes meals very interesting because I LOVE cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2009