What would you do if your neighbor underneath you constantly made loud noises?

I don't mean loud music. I mean sounds that come through my apartment floor like they're dropping bowling balls, kicking the toilet seat down, hanging things up (at 10pm or later????), door slamming (rattles my living room window) etc. It makes me and my cats jump everytime we hear these sounds.

Ewadun

Asked by Ewadun at 8:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Same thing I do when my next door neighbors are playing the drums AND the stereo. Grin and bear it or call the men in blue and have them enforce the noise ordinance if you have one!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Talk to the manager about it . Or move when your lease is up. That is the reason we rent houses.

Answer by louise2 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I'm having a similar problem but with the neighbors above me. Can't wait to have our own home.
    tasase

Answer by tasase at 9:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I know this is ghetto, but it seems my neighbors are getting the message since I started dropping my bowling ball on the floor everytime they make a loud noise. LMAO!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• two options come to mind Deal with it or move Really you can't live in multifamily housing if you can 't deal with neighbors noise It is not reality
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 3:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• You funny. I understand that noise, like crime, is a part of life. However, we must all learn to be considerate of each other and live in harmony. I've learned to let my light shine wherever I go and insure my home's peace and tranquility. Take what you can use and leave the rest!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• LIGHT ???? can ya pas that ova heya smells like some good chit
    Anonymous