Does it tick you off when guys hit on you, or do you find it flattering?

Or both? Or does it depend on how they do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the guy and how he does it, also how old he is. I had the guy at Subway hit on me last week, and he was only like 18 or 19 (I'll be 31 next week). He started with, "I know you're a lot older than me..."; that didn't help him. I tried to be nice and explain to him that I was in a relationship and very happy, but he kept pushing ("Are you sure he'd mind?" "Yes, I'm sure. He's told me several times I'm not allowed to date other men." "Well, he doesn't have to know..."). Finally the lady behind me told him, "Honey, she doesn't want to go out with you. Now, will you quit holding her food hostage and let her go?" lol. I found him to be slightly sweet and also slightly annoying. The fact that he was so young, though, really annoyed me.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Depends on my mood and how they are doing it. If it's pretty innocent, it doesn't bother me. If they are going out of their way to make it known to me that they are hitting on me or making loud comments to me, that pisses me off.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It depends on how they do it. My DH thinks it hilarous when other guys hit on me, just because they are waisting their precious scoring time with me when it will NEVER go anywhere. lol
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When I was younger(22-26) I used to enjoy it because it kind of validated that I didn't loose my sex appeal after 2 kids. Now at 29 I'm sick of it!!! I want to beable to walk down the street or go to the corner store with out being hit on! I have 4 kids now and I don't need nor want the hastle of dealing with another loser!!! I am happy single and have no need for the drama of a needy mama's boy!!! When I find a man who can hold his own and wants me for my mind and not my body that'll be the guy that gets my time and attention!!! But until then I have an invisble stamp of F off on my forehead!!!! But when I'm feeling down it is a nice pick me up!!! NO I"M NOT VAIN OR CONCEITED, I'M JUST NOT A SEX OBJECT(anymore!!!)! LOL.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When I was married, it made me uncomfortable and it seemed inappropriate for any guy to "hit on me". I guess as a single woman I would be flattered ...but only if he was a nice guy,not some kind of scummy sleazy guy,you know?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• couldn't tell ya no one has "hit on me"- except for the old drunk guy that hit on me at a club once wehn I was like 22- completely gross.
    not sure how I'd handle it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It depends. If its a cheap come-on, uh no. Not flattering. If I have my son there and the jerk doesn't even bother to look at my left hand to see if I have a ring on...not flattering. But if I'm out with the girls and I look nice and someone offers to buy me a drink it can be flattering...even though I have to turn them down!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Depends. There is this one gate guard that hits on me. He calls me trouble, asks what I'm up to, stuff like that. He has done it in front of my husband who was home on R&R. I didn't know what to say, I don't know why this guy does this. I thought maybe he does it with everyone, but I asked my neighbors, and he doesn't do it with them. And, he won't say anything, or act like he has ever said anything, if another gate guard is there. It bugs me because he obviously knows my husband is deployed. AND, he's there, guarding the military housing.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Unless he's a real troll, I still like it! : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I always think to myself, "Do they have their beer goggles on?"
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2009