Inexpensive Honeymoon/Anniversary

Ok so, My husband and I were married in February -09-...We didn't get to have a honeymoon...so with our up coming anniversary were wanting to have one....the only problem is...were very limited with our funds. I was thinking a week in Myrtle Beach,SC..Now I love being at the beach but I don't want to be on a beach, with most shops closed in the middle of February...lol

If anyone has any ideas...please share...lol

justinsmommie09

Asked by justinsmommie09 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Travel

• Anywhere that it is the off season currently. We got married Dec 20, in 1995. We went to Williamsburg, and got half off the hotel because it was the off season. You could scout out some bed and breakfasts, even if you only stay one night, it would still be something! I hope you have fun!!!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• we got married in Feb 2009 also and we went to Myrtle Beach! It was really fun... There arent as many things open but we found things to do! And it wasnt packed like the summer time! And we stayed at I think the Reef Resort or something like that and the price wasnt bad and it was ocean front! We went to the aquarium and the ripley's museum and hard rock cafe and planet hollywood and we did the old time pictures because our resort gave us all kinds of cupons to do stuff and get ideas on what to do! We had a blast! Good luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 9:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i got lucky virginia beach is like 25minutes away from us. we got married in june and spent 2 nights there since thats all we could afford. but in feb that would be nice also remb all hotels around that time will b lot cheaper.. ;)
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 9:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Thats what I was thinking also....the off peak season and getting a good price...I'm just a few hours away from Myrtle...It could work...I just dont want to freeze...lol
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• drive down to port canaveral and get on a cruise!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Here is a great deal, I just emailed to my sister for her honeymoon. A co-worker of mine has been to this resort and loved it.

http://vacations.travelzoo.com/mexico-vacations/727135?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email_top20
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010