Not sure what to do? *please read*

Ok so lately my dh has been asking me if I would be willing to wear skirts instead of pants. (we are both Christian) I hadn't given this too much thought until he mentioned it to me. Now I'm not sure what to do? I feel like if I don't I would not be following my dh who is head of our household. But then if I do. I don't know where to start. Don't you have to completely change your lifestyle when you dress that way?? I'm so confused as to what I should? advice please??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Regardless of religion, you should be able to wear skirts. He probably likes you looking more feminine once in a while. No harm done.
    Anonymous

• Why is he asking you to wear only skirts?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Dress up to go to church and when it is warm out, but for now when it is cold pants are best.

You are over thinking this, the answer is there in front of you.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You need to commit to that if you feel it's right for you. Personally, skirts are too drafty for me, so I would have to pass. I also feel like they limit my mobility.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I enjoy wearing skirts. You don't have to change your lifestyle to wear them. If you are uncomfortable with them then wear them long and wear pants or leggings under them.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think I'd be laughing in his face....skirts are just too impractical for 90 percent of my life and my husband would never ask such a thing. (He also doesn't buy the "man is the head of household" argument...we're a team and are BOTH the head of household.)

But if skirts or dresses ARE practical for your every day tasks and you don't MIND doing it, then do it. Why not? If you DO mind doing it, tell him you've thought it over and the answer is that you will wear skirts when it makes sense to wear them and NOT wear them when it doesn't.

The only thing you need to think about is practicality of dress.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think that it's appropriate to wear skirts to church or kingdom halls(JW) because its a form of respect to men. They have head ship in church or kingdom halls hence why most of them still only have men sermons. Could you imagine a pastor or elder giving a talk in shorts??? I know its more comfortable to wear pants in the winter but it does go against bible pricipal. I myself have often wondered whether or not it'd be okay to wear pants and my mom told me as long as you're not baptized. Every one has their own beliefs and I would not knock them or disrespect them by questioning it!!!! THIS IS MY OPINION!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Marriage is an equal partnership, not a man laying down rules for a woman.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• you're kidding, right?

regardless of religion, you have the RIGHT as a human being, to make decisions for yourself. if you do not wish to wear skirts, respectfully opt out. simply because he is your husband does not mean that he owns you, or has the right to change your manner of dress, that is absurd. a control issue.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• if you asked HIM to wear skirts, would he? men did not wear pants in biblical times... he is just as much in defiance of the biblical principals if you want to look at that angle.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2009