bedrest and sex

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and have been on bedrest since 19 weeks. I'll continue to be until the baby is born...which my OB says will be anywhere from now til about 6 weeks from now is what he expects. My husband and I can't have sex but my drive is still very high and of course so is his. So what can we still do? Are bj's still an option? I want to please him so badly and its killing me that we can't make love.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as it isnt to stressfull for you to get in and stay in that position i dont think it would be a problem.
    Anonymous

• Why are you on bedrest? Is it a preterm labor issue? If so, don't swallow... sounds odd, but semen contains prostaglandins which help to induce labor. That's why having sex is suggested for when you are ready to have a baby, and (tmi!) oral sex is actually supposed to be a more effective way of getting prostaglandins to work.
    I would just stick with handjobs... or a bj until he's close and then a handjob.
    Anonymous

• I was on bedrest twice. If you are on bedrest this early there is a pretty serious reason. Sex is a huge no no during bed rest. My doc didn't even want me to get up to take a shower(I was at 5cm @28wks). I think having sex would be at your own risk at this point, is it worth it? Bedrest means you are to refrain from all major activities. They limit vag exams so you don't get irritated.
    Anonymous

• BJ's are perfectly fine, but he cannot do anything to you. Bedrest includes no arrousal as far as I understand. Because when you orgasm you're using the same stomach muscles that help push the baby out during labor. When on bedrest you want to avoid absolutely everything that can triger any sort of preterm labor or complications. Therefore, I wouldn't do anything that would lead to an orgasm for you. However, please him all you want to. Just as long as you do not aggrivate our body with too much movement.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2009