Any tips for toddler ring bearers and baby flower girls?

My son who will be two is a ring bearer in his uncles wedding and my DD who will be 9 months is the flower girl (I will carry her down the aisle). Any tips, advise, or stories that might help us ready them?

Asked by LilMsTiff at 1:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yes, it sounds all sweet and you imagine your son/daughter all dressed up and people telling you how adorable the are.. but beware it can be hell! My son was ring bearer at my brother's wedding and he turned in to a little brat. because it wasn't all about him, he wouldn't listen -- this was by far the biggest mistake that i have ever made with him (so far - i know i'll make bigger). I think carrying a 9 month old is sort of silly -- can't even walk at this point so who is this for besides you? and beware, your normally sane son may turn evil in minutes. I say don't do it -- it could blow up in your face.

• My DH and I got married when our son was 3 and our daughter just 6 months. I took a regular red wagon, put a carrier inside it, covered it with white silky fabric, then hotglued flowers to it. Our son pulled our daughter down the aisle in the wagon. It was so precious, and since he had a "job" of keeping his sister safe in the wagon, it worked very very well!

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I would have someone the little boy knows walk with him down the aisle... he might get stage fright & run away or cry.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My son was almost 3 when he was supposed to be one of the ring bearers in my sister in laws wedding. He refused to do anything, cried through all of the pictures...they had a second ring bearer as to not put all of the pressure on my son and they were very understanding about how scared he was. My husband and I were both members of the wedding party as well so it made it very interesting but during the wedding my son sat with a friend of mine and did very well. he did look cute though in his tux. Good Luck!!!!!

Answer by Anubis8733 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2008