dizziness and a weird sensation from my cheek to the side of my head?

I've been getting occasional dizzy spells along with a heavy/crawling sensation from the top of my cheekbone to around my temple....

any ideas about what this could be?

nessani28

Asked by nessani28 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Health

• Are you hydrated? Are you preggo? Have you been on your feet all day? If you get a sudden headache, blurred vision or speech issues, facial or body paralysis call 911. I'm sure you're find but you might call the nurse line if it continues or comes and goes.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I'm hydrated and now I'm not pregnant and yeah...I haven't gotten too much sleep and I've been up most of the night and day with my daughter (she's sick)
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• could be a miagraine Try drinking a big glass of water if it doesn't help try some tylenol and a little caffine.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When I had odd feelings(mine was numbness and tingling) in the side of my face, I went to the hospital. Come to find out it was focal siezures. I also had dizziness and headaches. At the time I was not preggers so, your sitch could be different but I would definitely go have yourself checked out.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i was going to suggest that too mom2boyz as i have right temporal lobe epilepsy...and here symptoms are similar...

but they could also be caused by the miagraines...and if what i suggest helps then thats most likely the cause.....

if it keeps happening i would see the doc and they would be able to determine the cause for sure.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• can it be a migraine even though I don't experience any pain? It doesn't hurt, just feels heavy and funky in that area of my face and I feel dizzy.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Sinus infection maybe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• try a chiropractor! a subluxation in the neck could easily cause one sided numbness. i would try a chiropractor before the hospital.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• About 2 years ago i had something simular happen to me. My right side of the face was all nimb and tingling (including half my tongue). I described the numbness to feel like when you just get back from the dentist after having novicane. Although you don't say you have it, but I also had some pains that would shoot thru like lightning once in a while. It stuck around for a while and I went to the Dr. I was Diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia. Check out this link for more info... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

Another question would be is there and drooping on the side that is numb? that could be Bells Paulsey...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy
    NotQuiteBarbie

Answer by NotQuiteBarbie at 12:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2009