Shower for 2nd baby?

What is the rule for having a shower for your 2nd baby? I have 2 year old son and expecting another boy. Should I have a shower this time around?

HeatherLeigh

Asked by HeatherLeigh at 11:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A lot of people do it for their second these days but you will probably get a few comments about it. You might consider a "welcome baby" party after the baby is born instead or if you do a shower, ask people to not bring gifts or make a donation to your favorite charity instead.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I'm expecting my second boy too. My first is 109 months old. I am gonna have a "meet the baby" shower after he's born and put "no gifts" on the invites. I think every baby should be celebrated. Not sure what others think but that's my opinion.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think if you have the money to do it...than do it. Even though its your second baby that baby is just as special as the first. I had 2 for my first, one at my daughter's dad's house and one at his mom's house. But sadly for my other 3 children I was unable to have baby showers. I had moved about 2 hours away from all my friends about 5 years ago, so none of them were unable to make it to it, either they didn't have the ride to go, the gas money, their husband wouldn't let them, etc.. I mean i have a few friends where I am now but not enoguh to want to spend a bunch of money on a baby shower....
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Sure. It's your life. I had two baby showers both boys. Every baby needs to be celebrated.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• jenae... 109 months? really?

And, to answer the question - i think that it is fine to have another baby shower. I am in the same situation and my sister is throwing me a shower. Have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i hope we get a shower this time. i have a girl,and if this one is a boy i will need clothes for him. other than that its just the small stuff like diapers, and all those other things that you hae to get w each kid. i kept everything though, so im pretty set. we do need a criband double stroller, so i think ,aybe if people could give target or babiesrus cards towardsthat, it would be great.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Back in the day...lol..our society was different, we bought or were given something and it lasted a life time. Now we are more of a disposible society, and things aren't made to last that long. So I think each child should have a baby shower. Even if you do still have the big ticket items you still need clothes, diapers, wipes...etc.....JMO
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oh my gosh! He's 10 months old. Not sure how I managed to get the 9 in there lol. Sorry.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Oh Heather!!! Have another shower! You could call it a diaper shower or something like that. Each baby goes through all sorts of consumable things and thats what the shower could be about. You might not want to invite everyone in the neighborhood, just a some family and close friends (hint, hint!).
    mommyofwilliam

Answer by mommyofwilliam at 12:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010