how do you get your 15yearold to want to take baths without a fit?

I have a 15 year old daughter that never like to take a bath with out a fight. Before i couldn't get her out the tub but now i just don;t know what happened. She don't like going out but she loves the computer and her music. She don't have any friends anymore because we moved to Alabama from Indiana and then after 3 years came back. Her old friends loved to text her while we were in Alabama but now they want nothing to do with her.

So do you think that is the reason and do you think she is depressed?

Not sure what to please someone help me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sounds like she may be depressed. Find a therapist that she can talk to asap.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• seriously, 15 i would sit her down and hAVE more one on one timet with her. say hey "what her name is" this whatever day u have off do u want to go to mall and get those new shoes u want? whatever, or get a pedicure. maybe she feels alone. she needs u mama. ask her whats wrong.. encourage her to find friends. and ask a girl at school if she wants to come over one weekend to hang out.?
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Get her in counseling to see what is going on. I don't know many 15 year old girls that don't shower unless something is wrong. Get her into new activities so she can make new friends. Have her invite girls from her classes over to hang out, go to the mall, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Id def say depression. Thats hard to move like that then move back only to find your friends dont care.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I home school all my kids now from 2-15 years old and i have 4 kids. And i also started working and dealing with my husband because he is just like one of the kids. I was thinking about spending time with her but i don't know how right now. I don't get much sleep maybe 2 hours a day because my hands are full. I really wish i knew what to do when i ask her if she wants to talk while i do the dishes or something all she talks about are her books. Which i love to here about because we are into the same books. But i just don't have the time anymore to read them she is my one and only baby girl.
    Anonymous

• In addition to taking her to see a psychiatrist, I'd also check out getting her a BIG from the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Club. When my daughter refused to take a bath, I asked her "Awww you need Mommy to wash you up? Ok baby, here I come." Needless to say my daughter ran into the bathroom, slammed the door and locked it. Surely you have some idea of what she's interested in? Roller skating, volunteer work, paintball, video games and what teenage girl doesn't like looking at boys? It's pasttime that you start taking her out, into the world, one-on-one to respark her life and observe wherever her eyes may lie.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Gee mom, it sounds like she's depressed. That was hard to figure out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• yes you need to get her some counsoling so she can deal with whatever is bothering her. yes, it sounds like she is depressed.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010