teen girls wanting to get pregnant?

I don't understand it. There are actually quite a few girls out there that want to get pregnant for whatever reason. I just saw a re-run of Tyra and it was the one about 12,13,14,15 etc year old girls wanting to get pregnant. Seriously is this like the norm now? Up until 16 I wasn't even thinking about sex let alone having a baby.

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have seen these shows and no, I don't think it is the norm. I think all they are thinking about is the "cuteness" of a new baby. They're dreaming about all those wonderful things that new mommies fall in love with without realizing the consequences of their actions (or potential consequences of their potential actions). As terrible as this thought of teen mothers really is, it is also truly age appropriate to just want something because you want it when you want it regardless of the future and what impact those decisions have on others in their family and on their own lives later on down the road. They are trying to replace a crappy relationship with their mom/dad/sister with a relationship they perceive will be perfect and exactly what they ordered. They forget babies take more love than they can possibly give back.
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 12:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• They long for the "love" they missed out on as a child. As a teen (under-developed brain), they think having a baby means that the baby will always love them. When you see a teen that desperately wants a baby, look at the family.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Girls all to often think having baby would be fun and it would mean someone to love them back.
    What they fail to understand is that babies are sellfish and don't show love unless it is shown to them, first.
    Babies wake up when we want to sleep and they cost money. It takes maturity to handle to being a parent and that is why we end up with abused and neglected babies......because the parent lacks maturity and is unable to give up apart of themselves that is needed to be that good parent that the baby/child desires
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i got pregnant at 17 and having a baby was the farthest thing from my mind. even at 18 when she was born it was hard, i couldn't imagine going through that at 15. i have a friend who had her first at 16, and it's amazing the difference that 2 years make. her oldest is nearly 6 and it's like she never got to grow up. still so immature.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Personally I am not surrounded by girls who want to be pregnant, but rather girls who are 13, 14, 15 and 16 who insist that they are bisexual and try to portray the bisexual lifestyle. My daughter being one of them! It drives me nuts because I honestly dont have a problem with bisexuals or gays etc, but I do when they are teenagers who think it's the "Cool" thing to do and have no idea of the risks involved. When I talked to my daughter, she told me that she didn't think she could get std's from girls because she was a girl...and I thought we covered the std talk long ago! Shows me that we still have a long way to go!!! Wish me luck!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• They are out of their minds. Its all about having the love they think they're missing and control of a situation. Crazy A$$e$!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Girls that young who WANT to get pregnant need psychiatric help and I hope they get it before it's too late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Because they THINK they are grown up and can handle it. Sad to say that some not all but some fo those girls end up screwng their lives up. I think it is stupid to want to get pregnant that young.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My 6th grade girls sit around and discuss the names they will use for their babies, how to apply for AFDC, food stamps, welfare, and the like. These girls are 12-13. I have one student who is 12. She is 5 months pregnant. I had a 13 year old last year who has a baby boy who was born in May. The discussion about the services makes it more about money than anything else, or at least it seems that way.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2009