Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I buy a place on a CD will I still get the home buyers tax credit of $8,000

I know several people who bought their first home this year and get the $8,000 first time home buyer tax credit
Does this apply to those who take over someone else's house payment and agree to pay off that mortgage


Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • You need to contact the IRS. I don't believe this would qualify you but I don't know all the rules.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009