Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do if the person you loved didnt act like they love you back?

I've been with my fiance a year and a half. We have a 4 month old together. I just feel like he keeps me around for her. He never says I love you. The only time we have sex is if I initiate it. He just acts like he doesn't care. I love him and want to spend my life with him but there's a tiny part that wonders if I really would be happier if I left because then I wouldn't spend my life wondering if I'm really what he wants or if he's settling.

Answer Question

Asked by mom06and09 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Honestly, this is something you need to tell him. If he doesn't get it, involve a third party like a therapist or something. I don't imagine your relationship will last very long with you feeling the way you do.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • Honestly since he is a man, if he isn't ever wanting to have sex with you, i find that a little odd. I mean he doesn't even try at least once a week? Plus if he doesn't say i love you, thats rediculous!!! What was his point of getting married then? For you to take care of your baby? Hmm well I dunno just have a sit down with him and see how he really feels. Have you tried talking to him about it ?

    Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • No I haven't talked to him about it. He claims he tries to have sex and I shoot him down. The closet he gets is snuggling. To me that's not trying to have sex.

    Answer by mom06and09 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • Went through some of this with The Hubbs, its something that just needs to be discussed. We had the conversation a few times before he started to get it. So it may take some time. I hope it all works out.

    Answer by cherrygirl87 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • When children are involved it's good to try.If you feel like something is missing, talk to him, don't give up on your happiness because then you're daughter will see you not completely happy later on, IF you don't do something now.How will you know, what about counciling, thats usually a last resort, 50/50 chance.It's good to get an awnser thats fursure.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • I don't like the way that came out conciling is not a last resort, It can truley help .I did it with an ex and found out he wasn't what I wanted.Thats what I ment, sorry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • i would bring it to his attention

    Answer by shay1130 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.