• In the Spotlight:

Is it wrong to want to punch my husband in the throat?

So yesterday was my birthday... I know we just bought a new house and no everything in it is not perfect, but my husband had become a one man wrecking crew. He has completely torn out the laundry room and has not moved to tearing out the rafters. His mother is staying with us, big reason we had to buy the new house, and I have no clean underwear, see laundry room comment. He has never gotten up with our near one year old son, he didn't get me a single christmas present, which I was cool with because of new house expenses, but I didn't even get so much as a card on my birthday. Now he is snoring so badly I can't sleep and I want to punch him in the throat. Am I over reacting?

wendwhee

Asked by wendwhee at 1:06 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh boy. I'd want to do that too if I were you. Yikes!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• LOL LOL LOL. I love that you said that... " and i want to punch him in the throat " Of course its fine to think that, I bet 90% of women on here have felt like that some point in time. Your just really stressed out. I know it looks appealing to punch him right in the throat, but just take a deep breath and try to relax.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would punch him a bit lower if I were you!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• no, not over reacting...i would at least expect something on my bday or some nice clean clothes...i would be beyong P.O'ed right now
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Uh Yes. But, I do know how you feel. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You're only wrong in that you're aiming too high.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Hahahaha!!! I know that feeling girl!!!! As long as you don't act on it your fine!!! I hope things start looking up for ya!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• is it ok to think it, OF COURSE! just use these feelings as a warning to yourself that you've had enough and need to talk to him. I read you understand that money's tight but the part about him not getting up to help you with the baby....gotta be more verbal. He can't read your mind, obviously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have been married for 24 years and a time or two I have considered that or suffocation with the pillow while he slept. Thankfully the moments passed before I landed in prison. LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• LOL ;) It's funny 'cause i've felt the same. my husband had just gotten out of the army, money was tight with him unemployed. Becuase of that I told him to not worry about my birthday, and he didn't but the day after he spend 40 on alcohol. So then the "not even a card" thing really stood out to me. I remember that night he stole all the covers and I was soo mad I grabbed the blanket so hard it nearly knocked him out of bed. And I like stole the entire comforter and made him get another blanket. I felt dumb the next day and childish, but we all have our days...trust me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2009