how do i keep my daycare assistance i cant find a job and without it cant look for one

Im a single mommy. iim having to lie to keep my daycare assistance b/c i cant find employment, mainly b/c i have a felony...im a changed person and live for my baby girl. but due to my past its hard even harder doing it alone. I know its wrong but what would u do to care for ur family??? anything it takes rite...shit i hope so but i need to continue this untill i find employment how do i do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I always thought the daycare assistance rules were a LITTLE crazy! When we were REALLY broke and I WANTED to get a job but I just needed a little help getting over the daycare hurtle I went to them (the GRMMA program in our area) . They told me I had to have a job before they could help me...the problem...I couldnt GET a job without being able to put my babies in daycare!! I asked the lady that she said "dont you have someone who can keep them" I wanted to pull out my hair! If I HAD someone to KEEP them I wouldnt be trying to get on govt assistance!!! Duh. I never called back and we just struggled that much longer. Finally I just saved up enough to get them started THEN found a job :( I dont know what to tell you hon, A LOT of times those people in those places arent real helpful. You need to get a job some where doing SOMETHING to keep your benefits....THEN look for a job you want to keep! Good Luck!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I dont know what state you are in, but most states have organizations that help people with criminal records find employment. Also do you go to Church? Some churches have those programs as well. One church around here started its own auto repair company and only employs felons. Otherwise I'd say keep at it, try your states department of employment security website, try craigslist as well.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Wow, encouraging a felon to commit ANOTHER felony? Wow just wow. Look you should be sueing the loser who knocked you up for child support. You should also contact the JOBS program if you are int he JOBS program that PA provides you automatically qualify for free child care. But since people can't handle the truth and one cuss word but they can give you advice on FRAUD. By all means keep at it. I wonder who will be taking care of your daughter when you are in prison....
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Also do you go to Church? Some churches have those programs as well.

oh, the irony!!!!!!!!! so it's okay to go to church to get something for nothing, but it's not okay to pray in public places--for those who are christian that is!!!!
    Anonymous

• Anon :22, I agree! She was ripping people wanting to pray in school/public on the other question and here she is telling the op to go get help from the church!!! Just simply amazing!

OP, I am sorry you are having troubles. You need a volunteer to help you out! They are out there but hard to find. I babysit for free once a month on the guard's drill weekends. It is really hard for single parents to find a sitter for 2 days a month and those days 12 hrs each. Your church would be a good place to start.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Isn't reaching out and community stewardship a corner stone and important mission of most churches? I think that would be an appropriate place to start.

Crissy, since this is the holiday season, I'll reserve my comments- Happy Holidays. May 2010 bring you HAPPINESS!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• A lot of churches are struggling to help people right now because of the recession and the need being so great. They are helping their own members first so if you do go to church that would be a great resource.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, smart move sister ;) Have a blessed new year.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009