scam the dam system????

Im a single mommy. iim having to lie to keep my daycare assistance b/c i cant find employment, mainly b/c i have a felony...im a changed person and live for my baby girl. but due to my past its hard even harder doing it alone. I know its wrong but what would u do to care for ur family??? anything it takes rite...shit i hope so but i need to continue this untill i find employment how do i do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you tried county services, privative social services, work release programs?
    How about temp agencies, warehouse work, gas stations? I would stick with smaller businesses. Is there a family member or family friend that could employee you?
    Did you have a job to begin with to get the daycare assistance? Did an agency help you find the job? If so go back to them……
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 1:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If you don't work, why do you need daycare?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I thought you could get day care assistance while looking for a job. That or you can get a credit if you have a child under a year old. Not sure how it works in your state.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• First thing - if you haven't already, check out your local welfare office. Many times they get job listings no one else does.
    Second thing - Check sites like Craigslist, Backpage & Snagajob daily if you have to and apply for EVERYTHING. The worst they can say is no.
    Third thing - Visit www.myfelon.com it's a social site like this one but it's for felons and the families of felons to help them get back on their feet. You may be able to find someone through there that knows of work in your area. If nothing else you will find support.
    My DH is a 3 time felon, I understand how hard it can be to change. Our system really sets people up to fail... That's why I started my business and I work so hard. I don't want him to have to look for a job, it's just depressing! So, he stays home with the kids and I bust my ass... But for us it's what works!
    Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009