Stubborn daughter will not go potty

My daughter is 3 1/2 years old we are STILL working on the whole potty training. She was doing good but then I had my son and every since then she would tell me she was afraid of the potty. We have 2 diffeent potty's and then we even got the one that goes on the toilet seat. She has gotten to now she like the big potty but how do you get her to go on the potty. When my daughter wakes up she is always dry and been for the past 2 years, so I put her on the potty and we sit. Even today we sat on the potty for over 2 hours with nothing and then once she got up she went on my carpet. Then she went all day long and she did not pee at all (that can't be good for her bladder) and then right before we went to put her in the bath she went on my carpet again and that was after being put on the potty. She drink during the day and everything. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and if anyone has any points to help. Thanks

hosein

Asked by hosein at 3:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would take a break from it (maybe a couple weeks). I wouldn't even mention the potty or make comments when she pees or poops. I would totally ignore it all; sometimes that pushes the child into bringing it up and wanting to do it. And when she does use the potty (all on her own because remember you aren't suppose to mention it), make it a HUGE deal. Tell her how great that is, but don't jump back into the the potty training mode...let her lead the way. She'll get there, I promise. I had a hard time with mine but he eventually stuck with it. Good luck :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Stop pushing the issue. She will go on the potty, again, when she is ready. There is nothing you can do to change that. When she uses the potty, make a big deal out of it. Give her time and all will be fine. I have never seen a kid graduating from high school in diapers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• How long is a good amount of time to wait, it has been over 18 months since she last used the potty. We did stop for a long while and then we just started trying again.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 11:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor about it. Seems like she knows when she needs to go its the problem with getting her to go...maybe they will have a suggestion for you. Good luck
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2009