is there anyone that is a diabetic an had kids..im worried about my daughter,its her first child an shes diabetic..how did your labor go

sharonslove

Asked by sharonslove at 3:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi Sharon! I am type 2 diabetic and I am currently pregnant with my second child...just about a month away from delivery, actually! With my daughter (now just under 11 months old), my labor was pretty much non existent. I got induced two weeks early because of her size. After 24 hours and nothing happening, I was given a C-Section. Some doctors won't even let diabetics deliver naturally and just schedule C's right away. But don't worry! The only thing that might happen with her, as long as she keeps her numbers as much under control as she can, is she will have a big baby! Audrey was born two weeks early and was 8lbs 10oz and is a very happy and healthy girl now!
    Lissachck

Answer by Lissachck at 3:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• thank u..she is doing good with her numbers..actually better then ever..she was diagnosed at 16 yrs with diabeties an shes 23 yrs now..the dr said she would have a big baby more then likely..i was just worried about it an thank u again..

sharonslove

Answer by sharonslove at 3:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• No problem! If you have any questions about it please drop me a message!
    Lissachck

Answer by Lissachck at 3:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i sure will an good luck with this baby to!!!

sharonslove

Answer by sharonslove at 3:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I now have type 2 but during two of my pregnancies I had gestational diabetes. I kept my numbers under control but I had to have insulin. My labor went pretty good with the 1st - 28 hours of back labor, only two pushes weighing 7lbs 8 oz 21". Her APGAR was a perfect 10!
    My 2nd gestational pregnancy was a little more trouble when labor came around. I refused a C section, which I probably shouldn't have, but I was scared to death of the thought of it. I went into labor on the 15th and she was born on the 20th....yes, I was in active labor the whole 5 days! Once again only 2 pushes, but she was my biggest baby (out of 3 total) at 7 lbs 10 oz 20".
    In both cases, the doctors said from the ultra sounds that they would be more like 8 or 9 pounds or more.....but thankfully, that wasn't the case!
    Good luck with your daughter's baby and congrats Gramma! :)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oh, and my 2nd gestational baby's APGAR was 9.5, she had just a slight temp for about 20 minutes, nothing serious.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• YA THE DR. IS MAKING IT SOUND KINDA SCARY LIKE SHE WILL HAVE A 9 OR 10 POUNDER BUT HE SAID HES GONNA KEEP AN EYE ON THINGS AN NOT LET IT GET OVER 8..THANK U FOR THE CONGRATS IM REALLY EXCITED..THIS IS HER THIRD TRY..SHE HAD 2 MISCARRIAGES IN THE PAST 2 YRS...I GUESS THAT IS NORMAL THO...

sharonslove

Answer by sharonslove at 5:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009