Does Jerry Springer still have real guests?

An acquaintance (related to a friend) of my DH is in the middle of a very nasty, loud, redneck feud. His friend gives us regular updates on the drama when he hears about it - it's like a bad soap opera. Supposedly the latest is that they (friend's cousin) keep getting phone calls from someone claiming to be a producer on the Springer show, that someone recommended them and want them on the show.
There have been numerous court dates, nights in jail, calls to CPS, stalking incidents, etc, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone who knows about it all would've called it in to Springer for a laugh, but I thought they only had actors on anymore and faked all the drama. Do they still us "real" people? Or is this just one more part of the drama, someone calling the house pretending to be the Springer show?

(we're kind of hoping it's legit and they go, they're the type who'd take it as a complement)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They do have "real" guests on the show. They usually take the situation and spice it up by having the people fight openly on stage, but it's real. Take the call. Trust me, it's a fun time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• A family from a very small "cross road" town just about 10 miles from where I live was on Springer. I almost chocked when they said where they live. They were the superlative of all redneck jokes ever told. It might be legit.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2009