How to become an Event Coordinator?

Hi! I am going back to school for Business Managment...I would love to be able to do something with event coordinating..I was thinking about starting my own business but i just dont know where to get started??? Could someone help me out and let me know how to become one?? Thanx :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in

• You mean corporate event coordinating or something more like personal party planner? If you're going their corporate event route this typically a marketing job function. Events typically are designed to support or compliment a branding and/or promotional campaign. Take classes in marketing, apply for entry level marketing jobs that offer event coordinating experiences. I'm a marketing manager. I've worked in the field for 16 years. Sometimes I've been the one organizing events. Sometimes I've overseen someone else doign it without our organization and sometimes we've outsourced it. If it's 'corporate events' there is a LOT more than just organizing the details. You need to ID a message and design the right vehicle to communicate it.
    Anonymous